Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A "Not So Small" World


Political map of the world

I am not sure why happenings like today surprise me, but they do.... God has an amazing way of putting the right people in the right place at the right time.  He does it over and over again, yet I am surprised.  I hope I get it one of these days.

Anyway - back to the Not so small world moment today..... Joel and I had a meeting today with a new counselor that will be taking over a local counseling ministry in July to get to know him and talk "shop" a little bit.  His name is Joe Samples and what a great guy he is and I look forward to working with him as a colleague in the Counseling profession.

One of the purposes of the meeting was discussing some options for referrals for my clients during the time that we will be in Romania.  I was mentioning we were going overseas and the conversation led to us talking about our mission trip to Romania and he said - wow - that is great, my wife is Romanian!  Oh my goodness and then he proceeded to tell us she was from a small town not too far from Timisoara.  The first Romanian words out of his mouth was the phrase Buna zuia (Hello!) which just happens to be the only phrase I know up to this point.  We were so excited about this local connection and the potential to learn more about the culture and the language from someone who had be born and raised there.

I have yet to meet Mrs. Samples but I must say that I anxiously await the time that we can spend together and get to know her.  She knows what it is like to be a pastor's wife, to be a ministry mom, and is from the country we are exciting to be serving.... I sense a great new friendship about to be formed.

Our God is a God of the details.... for I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord!  His plan is perfect and we are so blessed to be part of it.  I can't wait to see what God has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment