Sunday, March 29, 2015

Does Getting Ice Cream Make You a Good Mom?

I am not sure what I should tell you today.  I have so many thoughts going on in my head right now.

Keep praying for Jana as she has now had three steroid treatments.  At first the treatments seemed to help a lot and today, after the third treatment, she still feels somewhat dizzy.  She may have to have the five days instead of just the three.  I know this is taxing on her and therefore has become a bit taxing on me and Ella as well.  Jana is a great mom and I am realizing I am not.  I have done my best with Ella but there is nothing like a mom to "play" with and help.  We (Ella and I) were walking home from church this morning, having to pass the playground, when we saw Ella's friend Patrick!  Her eyes lit up and she asked if we could stay and play!  I wouldn't have had it any other way.  And there she was, playing in the stones in her dress, tights and patent leather shoes!  I didn't care.  She was happy to play with her little friend - the one that didn't show up on Friday.  They had a great time!  And there I stood, in my tie.  While other parents may have kind of looked at me funny, I was able to explain to Ava (Patrick's Grandmother) that I had just come from church.  (I was thanking God that Patrick's Aunt also came today.  She interpreted!!) I am praying that I can possibly invite them all to church sometime.  Making friends who trust you takes time, I know, but I don't have a lot of time.  Please pray for this.

The Rock Church
Talking about church, I was told that today was a small crowd, I think there were about 70 people, including kids, there today.  But, they all seemed to enjoy the service and more importantly love God.  They sing a lot and stand when they pray.  Daniel interpreted for me when I wasn't chasing Ella, who was actually pretty good for a new place and length of service.  There are a lot good people there as far as I can tell and I am looking forward to getting to serve with them.

We are close enough to stuff everything that I can walk (good for my health).  While the mall is about 20 minute walk, it is the farthest walk for us other than the Cocar's home.  I have already been to the local Ice Cream shop twice (none for me, though).  The play ground is about 3 minutes away and the church is about 6 minutes.  There are two convenience stores within 3 minutes and the Romanian version of Aldi's is about 10 - 12 (I haven't walked that yet).

I think I have said enough now.  I hate long posts.  Always leave them wanted more. :)  I will share more about our apartment, price differences, the Mitspa House and so much more this coming week. Thanks again for following and praying for us.

Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment