Wednesday, March 18, 2015

One More Sleep

We learned early in parenthood, the theory of helping children understand the length of time before something exciting is going to happen by counting down the number of sleeps.... Thank you Isaac Ebright for the "sleep method of counting".  Last night it was one more sleep until going to Mim and Papa's house for the afternoon, and two sleeps to Mania trip..... but today it is just one sleep!  I can't believe it is just one day away!  

This morning as I was checking over things I couldn't help but sing that classic John Denver song in my head.... "All our bags are packed and we're ready to go..." "Cause we're leaving on Jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again"  Lord willing we do know our return is June 20th.  

I had my week scheduled so today would be a bit more of a relaxing day.... however, it looks like I will be cleaning out the basement instead.... that's a fun farewell isn't it.  Yesterday our sewer backed up in our basement and now it needs to be cleaned - fun times (insert sarcasm!)  It wasn't our plan for sure, nor was it our plan that our child who has coma type sleeping habits, fell into such a deep sleep yesterday that she had an accident on our neighbors new couch (Sorry Kate and Aaron - thank you for dinner and being so gracious about the accident) and then I realized she had gum in her hair as well.... at least it was just a small section that had to be cut out.   In all this I am reminded that God is still in control.... so glad it happened to us and not to the Seibel's as they will be moving in next week.  
We know God is going to do great things, not because we are willing to go, but because He is God and that is what He does!  Thank you for your prayers and your support!  Our hope to is to blog twice a week as minimum!  Keep back soon for more of our adventures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment